Monday, November 10, 2014

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Date night happens to be one of my favorite things to do. I love it when Karlos calls me and tells me to be ready by a certain time because we have dinner reservations! Even though we live together in the same house, I love that he still tells me to be ready because he’s going to pick me up! It makes me feel special. The only things that’s better than date night with my hubby, is date night with my hubby and half off at one of our favorite restaurants.

Karlos and I are diligently trying to stay the course of budgeting, in order to get out of debt, but we do enjoy eating out locally. Jackson (MS) has so many phenomenal local restaurants that I have not stepped foot inside a chain restaurant in quite some time. In order to appease this said budget, and our desire for fine dining, we have found several of our favorite local eateries offer “Early bird specials,” between 4/4:30 pm and 6pm, before the peak dinner hours of 6-8:30 pm. I have compiled a list of four local restaurants with deals no one can turn down. I will start with our favorite from this list…Table 100.

Restaurant: Table 100
Address: 100 Ridge Way, Flowood, MS 39232 (off Lakeland Drive beside Lowe’s)
Deal: Six before six, six select entrees under $15 served from 4:30 pm – 6 pm daily
Catch: Your meal must be ordered by 6 pm. If you walk in at 5:30 they may not give you the six before six menu, but ask for it. It does indeed exist.
Recommendation: Ashley Farms chicken breast, $15 (and it never disappoints…yum!)

Restaurant: Julep Restaurant
Address: 4500 I-55 North, Suite 105, Jackson, MS 39211 (in Highland Village)
Deal: Early Bird Special, buy one meal get one free (for no larger than a party of 5) available nightly from 4 - 6 pm
Catch: You must ask for the early bird special, they will not tell you about it, and you order from the regular dinner menu. Sometimes they forget to apply the early bird special to your check, but as long as your meal was ordered before 6 pm, it’s all yours. Do not hesitate to help them remember. J
Recommendation: Fried Chicken Sandwich, $9.95

Restaurant: Anjou Restaurant
Address: 361 Township Avenue, Ridgeland, MS 39157 (in the Township near the Renaissance)
Deal: Early Bird Menu, several soups, salad, entrees and desserts at reduced price, available nightly from 4-6 pm
Catch: You must ask for the early bird menu and your order has to be in by 6 pm.
Recommendation: Shrimp Linguini, $13

Restaurant: Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Address: 6592 Old Canton Road, Ridgeland, MS 39157
Deal: Early Bird Menu, several soups, salad and entrees at reduced price, available nightly from 4-6 pm
Catch: You must ask for the early bird menu and your order has to be in by 6 pm.
Recommendation: Chicken Marsala, $11.50

These restaurants are doing us all a favor by making date night affordable, plus eating out between the hours of 4 and 6 pm means less wait time! Some of them also have kid friendly early bird menus. I hope you can enjoy these places just as much as we do. Happy Eating!

Love and savings,
Brittany





No comments:

Post a Comment